I AM SO FUCKING PISSED OFF CAN WE PLEASE TALK ABOUT THIS SHIT BEFORE I LOSE MY MIND.
BULLSHIT FOUND IN ABOVE VIDEO:
- "Planned Parenthood sells one product: ABORTION."
Hold up, let me share some knowledge:
Over 97% of Planned Parenthood services preformed were: women’s health services, contraceptives, STD prevention, treatment, and testing, and OH LET’S NOT FORGET PAP TESTS, PP preforms 585,000 PAP TESTS FUCKING YEARLY AND NEARLY 640,000 BREAST EXAMS. OH BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE.
- "PP gets you hooked on sex by teaching you how to have sex in high school and promiscuous and get’s children hooked on sex and sells cheap condoms"
There’s a few things wrong with this idea. First off it assumes that students aren’t already sexually active. I also taste a hint of “oh don’t have sex or you’ll get pregnant and die” bigotry. But also, repeatedly studies have shown that abstinence only sex education does more harm than good. Students who want to have sex are going to have sex. HOWEVER, those same studies show an interesting fact: if we teach student’s of STD’s, HIV, family planning, and how to have healthy, and safe sex life, they will! AND they will carry those lessons into adulthood, YAY.
Oh gee, who would’ve of guessed it, education might actually work!
- "A consumer report rates planned parenthood’s condoms the worst, making us repeat customers for STD screenings and birth control"
THAT REPORT WAS FROM 2005 ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME. THE REPORT WAS ON HOW WELL EACH CONDOM MAKES A BALLOON IT WAS FUCKING BULLSHIT
(PP condoms are now produced by brand name companies and donated)
- "once the condom breaks, they get us on birth control."
Ignoring the fact that this statement assumes that the condom will break (which is possible, children), and then kinda ignores all the other ways of birth control. The types of birth control listed on PP website (in order of appearance):
- Abstinence (OH LOOK AT THAT)
- Birth control Implant
- Birth control patch
- Birth control pills
- Birth control shot
- Birth control sponge
- Birth control vaginal ring
- Breastfeeding as birth control
- Cervical Cap
- Female condom
- Fertility-Awareness based Methods
- Morning After Pill
- Sterilization for women
Ahh, yess, the pill and condom is all we have, yes, that’s it.
- "79% of PP are located near college campuses to lure young women into sexual promiscuity"
HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT THAT YOUNG COLLEGE AGED WOMEN ARE MAYBE POOR AND THEY MIGHT JUST NEED THE ASSISTANCE. ALSO COLLEGE CAMPUSES JUST HAPPEN TO SOMETIME BE LOCATED IN CITIES. THAT HAVE HIGH POPULATIONS. HIGHER DEMAND. MORE CLINICS. LIKE WHY IS THIS EVEN A FUCKING POINT.
- "PP will discourage you from parenthood and pressure you into abortions."
OVER 60% WOMEN WHO HAVE AN ABORTION ALREADY HAVE A CHILD I AM SO FUCKING OVER THIS DEBATE.
(on a personal note, when my cousin sought out PP counseling during her unwanted pregnancy, she was treated with the up most respect, all her options were laid out, and she made the decision and felt confident in it.)
- "PP only provides abortions for a profit."
This doesn’t even dignify a response.
- "But wait! Come to a crisis pregnancy center, they will actually help you."
NO. NO. JUST NO. CRISIS PREGNANCY CENTERS HAVE REPEATEDLY BEEN PROVEN TO PRESSURE WOMEN INTO GIVING BIRTH, READING ABORTION HORROR STORIES, AND TELLING WOMEN THEY WILL SPEND ETERNITY IN HELL IF THEY GET AN ABORTION.
This bullshit organization will be vising these colleges and I recommend you educate them if it’s your campus:
- Colorado State University, CO
- Regis University, CO
- University at Buffalo, NY
- The University of New Mexico, NM
- Eastern Michigan University, MI
- University of Michigan, MI
- Oakland University, MI
- Grand Valley State University, MI
- Purdue University, IN
- Indiana University, IN
- The Ohio State University, OH
- University of Cincinnati, OH
- Cuesta College, CA
- Allen Hancock College, CA
- University of California -Sacramento, CA
- University of California -Berkeley, CA
- San Jose State University, CA
- Santa Clara University, CA
- Stanford University, CA
- University of California -Santa Barbara, CA
- Northern Kentucky University, KY
- University of Kentucky, KY
- Western Kentucky University, KY
- Lee University, TN
- Linn Benton Community College, OR
- North Carolina State University, NC
- University of Oregon, OR
- University of Washington, WA
- West Virginia University, WV
- Gonzaga University, WA
- LaSalle University, PA
- Oregon State University, OR
- University of South Alabama, AL
- University of Southern Mississippi
- Louisiana State University, LA
- University of St. Thomas, TX
- University of Texas – Austin, TX
- Northern Arizona University, AZ
- Arizona State University
- The University of Arizona, AZ
I’d like to add that crisis pregnancy centers are not disinterested parties. Crisis pregnancy centers are part of the adoption business; most have ties to maternity homes, clinics and evangelical adoption agencies.** They want you to stay pregnant because they need products—children—to stay in business. To quote Kate Harding from Jezebel.com, “Turns out they won’t just terrify you into having the baby; they’ll terrify you into handing it over to them.”
okay i’m gonna need to know this is from immediately
Series 3, Episode 15 (“Spring”) of the TV show The Vicar of Dibley. The woman holding the baby is the titular vicar, the Reverend Geraldine Granger. The baby is her godson.
Also, in the show’s finale, she gets married in a glorious wedding in which her bridesmaids are dressed as Daleks. THIS IS CANON, PEOPLE.
This looks like it should be a terrible first person point-of-view DOS game.
That background guy in the helmet. I recognize that background guy in the helmet.
Last Elf by Piotr Fox Wysocki
I wonder if the author (or whoever was in charge of the cover) asked the artist for permission to use his art. Or at least credited him. Somehow, I doubt it.
The Lord of the Rings Meme | ten scenes (2/10)
Farewell to Lórien.
This is my favorite fucking scene.
If you’ve read the Silmarillion, you know who Fëanor was. If you don’t, Fëanor was the dickhead who created the Silmarils: three indescribably beautiful and magical jewels that contained the light and essence of the world before it became flawed. They were the catalyst for basically every important thing that happened in the First Age of Middle Earth.
It is thought that the inspiration for the Silmarils came to Fëanor from the sight of Galadriel’s shining, silver-gold hair.
He begged her three times for single strand of her beautiful hair. And every time, Galadriel refused him. Even when she was young, Galadriel’s ability to see into other’s hearts was very strong, and she knew that Fëanor was filled with nothing but fire and greed.
Fast forward to the end of the Third Age.
Gimli, visiting Lorien, is also struck by Galadriel’s beauty. During the scene where she’s passing out her parting gifts to the Fellowship, Galadriel stops empty-handed in front of Gimli, because she doesn’t know what to offer a Dwarf. Gimli tells her: no gold, no treasure… just a single strand of hair to remember her beauty by.
She gives him three. Three.
And this is why Gimli gets to be an Elf Friend, people. Because Galadriel looks at him and thinks he deserves what she refused the greatest Elf who ever lived—- and then twice that. And because he has no idea of the significance of what she’s just given him, but he’s going to treasure it the rest of his life anyway.
Just look at that smile on Legolas’s face in the last panel. He gets it. He knows the backstory. And I’m pretty sure this is the moment he reconsiders whether Elves and Dwarves can’t be friends after all.
Everyone look at this great fucking post
like this is genuinely one of the best posts on all of tumblr